Albequerque Ambulance

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
What do y'all know about New Mexico's ambulance services? Specifically, AMR, Superior, and Albequerque Ambulance. Thanks!

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
Well no one has said anything, Soooooooooooo my info is extremely extremely limited all I know is that Alb. Ambulance is ALWAYS hiring if that helps at all :)

Maine iac

Forum Lieutenant
I've got a friend who works with Albequerque ambulance and she loves it. Supposedly good protocols, good aggressive up to date doctors, and a fun busy service.

OP
OP
RocketMedic

RocketMedic

First day over at Sierra Vista EMS, loving it.

JDub

Forum Lieutenant
Is is difficult to get hired on as a basic at Albuquerque ambulance? I am looking to move there (so I can go to UNM's paramedic program) at the end of this year. I will have almost a year's worth of volunteer EMS experience and almost a year's worth of paid experience working as basically an ER Tech at my local trauma center.

EDIT: After looking at their website, doesn't look like it will even matter since you have to be 23 to work there. I thought Texas was terrible with a lot of companies requiring 21+.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
RocketMedic

RocketMedic

I saw a truck and crew, looked pretty cool. I wonder how they pay...

AMR Southern NM pays very poorly. Sierra Vista has potential.

OP
OP
RocketMedic

RocketMedic

My biggest interest is NMU- would love to go. Odd that there's so few members from out here.

OP
OP
RocketMedic

RocketMedic

yep- part time at Truth or Consequences. I really like the experience and people, but the pay is pretty low.

OP
OP
RocketMedic

RocketMedic

It was after the gameshow in the 60s. its sierra vista hospital ems. 11 and ift- the only one in the county.

OP
OP
RocketMedic

RocketMedic

Great people and company, but the areas pretty depressing after the last few years at Bliss. I miss green.