Advanced airway for NREMT-B exam?

Discussion in 'NREMT' started by bigdude, Aug 4, 2011.

1. bigdude

bigdude New Member

EMS Training:
    EMT-Basic
    During my EMT-B class, we skipped the chapter on advanced airway. We did however learn to insert a combitube/king tube. As far as written tests, we were not tested on any advanced airway material.

Will the written NREMT-B exam cover advanced airway material?
  2. nwhitney

nwhitney Member

Same for me and I think you'll be fine come NREMT exam time.
  3. bigdude

bigdude New Member

EMS Training:
    EMT-Basic
    Do you remember if any advanced airway questions were on the exam?
  4. nwhitney

nwhitney Member

From my understanding the NREMT has about 3500 questions to pull from. I got 70 questions and none of them were about advanced airways. Of course I also didn't have any questions about burns. Hard to say for sure but I'm 99% positive it is not something for you to worry about.
  5. bigdude

bigdude New Member

EMS Training:
    EMT-Basic
    Ok, thank you for the information. I will forget about reading that chapter.
  6. Chief Complaint

Chief Complaint New Member

No you won't have any questions regarding advanced airways on the exam. You likely learned he Combitube/King skill because they are used by Basics in some county's protocols.
  7. Chief Complaint

Chief Complaint New Member

Double post deleted.
  8. depri

depri New Member

A town I guarantee you've never heard of, MS
    EMS Training:
    EMT-Basic
    I'm curious (first, and hopefully only, attempt coming up): Does the NREMT basically use questions that would pretty much be uniform across all states' scope of practice for their Basics (meaning it would not ask questions some that Basics in some locals would have learned/drilled, but other Basics in other locals have not learned/drilled)?
  9. Handsome Robb

Handsome Robb Youngin' Premium Member

Any question on the NR test will be based off of the National scope of practice and protocols for the level you are testing at.
  10. medicdan

medicdan Active Member Premium Member

Correction: The NR tests on the national DOT curriculum, at least at present there is NOT a national scope of practice or protocols, they are state, county, region, city or service based.
  11. Handsome Robb

Handsome Robb Youngin' Premium Member