A couple questions about private companies

skipper

Forum Ride Along
Been looking around at different companies here in NJ getting ideas of who to apply to as an EMT-B. In Monmouth County where I live there is MONOC, Alert, Maximum Care Ambulance, Able, and a couple others. MONOC being the one with the best reputation, probably not the easiest to get hired at though. The others from what I have heard do a lot of transports to and from nursing homes, hospitals, but also some home calls as well depending on the area. Does anyone here live in NJ and have any advice? How about those who work for private companies, do you do mostly hospital/nursing home transports?

Thanks

emtmom

Forum Probie
private ems companies

I work for a private company doing interfacility transport. I do a lot of nursing home-to-hospital transports that can be as short as 1 mile. I also do distance transports between hospitals that can be clear across the state.

Our company also has a rural 911 contract that operates out of another base. So if I get bored, I can take shifts there.

Our base is a ghetto and our trucks are old. We don't get much in the way of benifits, but the pay is OK and scheduling is flexible.
Advise: Google the company before signing on.

Good luck, EMTMOM